- Check-in is between 4-6 p.m. unless arrangements are made differently. Early check in, luggage drop-off and access to the property are not available prior to 4 p.m. Checkout is by 11 a.m.
- Parking is available in the front parking lot and in the back by the garage.
- The front door is locked at all times. Please help us keep our home safe by locking the door when you leave.
- We offer concierge service and will gladly assist you with dinner, entertainment reservations and arrangements to make your stay with us delightful.
- Complimentary beverages are offered to our guests at check-in.
- We live at Lavender Fields Inn and love sharing our home with you. We do ask you to please respect any area labeled as “Private” as those are our private living quarters.
- Indoor bike storage in our detached garage is available upon request with access between 8 a.m.-9pm.
- Weekend Room rentals include a full breakfast, served in the dining room at 8:30 a.m. Saturday and Sunday
- No pets.
- We do not allow burning of candles, incense or smoking.
- Free WIFI computer access is available throughout the property.
- Television – There is no common area television set.
- A Guest Safety Plan is located in each guest room.
- Please review your reservation confirmation you receive to confirm that it is correct.
- A two-night stay is required on holiday weekends May through the end of October.
- We offer a 10% discount for a 3 night stay in the same room.
- No more than two people per room unless privately arranged. An additional charge is made for more than two in a room.
- Rooms are paid in full upon booking.
- Room rates and policies are subject to change without notice.
- We reserve the right to cancel a reservation.
- We do not issue a credit or gift certificate towards a future stay, in the event of a late change or cancellation.
- No Shows will not receive a credit of any kind.
- Lavender Fields Inn bans hand guns on the property.
- Lavender Fields Inn reserves the right to expel guests who are disruptive or destructive, without refund of room rent.
- Lavender Fields Inn does not discriminate.
Payment, Cancellations and Changes to Reservations
- We have a full 8 day cancellation/change of date policy for up to two rooms being rented. Three and four room rentals require a full 15 day cancellation/change of date notice. Whole house rentals (5 rooms) have a full 31 day cancellation/change of date requirement, and include a non-refundable deposit of $100 that will be applied towards the rental. Late changes or cancellation will result in a full charge with no exceptions, unless we are able to rent your room to another party. We do not reschedule your stay for another date with a late cancellation; nor do we issue a credit or gift certificate towards a future stay.
- Changes or cancellations should be done by phoning us at 507-458-5667 or sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. All cancellation/change notifications must have been received by us to be considered valid. A cancellation is not considered valid unless it has been received and acknowledged by us with a return e-mail and/or a return phone call.
- The same cancellation/change of date policies apply to guests using a gift certificate. The full room rental and taxes will be charged to your credit card.
- For cancellations/change of dates made with more than the full required notice period, the reservation will be entirely cancelled, and no charge or fees will be made to the credit card.
- There are no extensions available for expired Gift Certificates that were donated by Lavender Fields Inn for charitable or fund-raising purposes (they expire one year after issue).
- We accept Lavender Fields Inn, Iowa Bed and Breakfast Association and Decorah Chamber of Commerce gift certificates/gift cards.
- Visa or Master Card credit card information will be obtained when you are making a reservation. Your card will be charged for your stay immediately.
- Guests who secure a reservation accept the terms of the policies.
- 7% Iowa sales tax is added to your bill.
- A service fee may be charged for guest use of common areas for meetings or parties. We do not allow guests to use our kitchen.
- A fee may be charged for any damage to or loss of Lavender Fields Inn property.